Looking for the best yard insecticide? You’ve come to the right place! Here are our top 10 picks for the best yard insecticide of 2022.
Review of Top 10 Best Yard Insecticide (2022 Updated)
1. Spectracide Acre Plus Triazicide Insect Killer For Lawns Granules, 35.2 …
- Brand: Spectracide
- Manufacturer: United Industries
- Dimensions: Height: 11.31 Inches Width: 2.62 Inches Length: 2.62 Inches Weight: 1.59 Pounds `
This product is great for getting rid of pests in your lawn! It’s easy to use and it works well.
- The product is easy to use and can be applied quickly.
- It is effective in killing a wide range of insects, including common pests like ants, fleas, and ticks.
- It offers long-lasting protection against insects for up to 8 weeks.
- It is safe to use around children and pets when used as directed.
- The granules are easy to spread evenly over the lawn for maximum coverage.
I am so happy I found this product! It works great on killing insects in my lawn without harming my plants.
2. FMC Talstar Pro 3/4 Gal-Multi Use Insecticide
- Brand: FMC
- Manufacturer: FMC Corporation
FMC Talstar Pro 3/4 Gal-Multi Use Insecticide is an excellent product that provides great results. It is easy to use and very effective at killing a wide variety of insects. This product is also long lasting and provides protection against future infestations.
- Can be used for a variety of pests, including ants, spiders, roaches, and more
- Offers up to three months of protection
- Easy to use – just mix with water and spray
- Won’t harm plants or animals when used as directed
- Comes in a convenient size for small to medium-sized yards
This is an excellent insecticide for both home and commercial use. It provides long-lasting residual control of over 75 different pests, including ants, roaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, termites and many more. Talstar Pro is odorless, non-staining and dries quickly after application. It can be used indoors and outdoors, and is safe for use around children and pets when used as directed.
3. Cutter 61067 HG-61067 32Oz Rts Bug Free Spray, 1 pack, …
- Brand: Cutter
- Manufacturer: Cutter
- Color: Silver Bottle
- Dimensions: Height: 11.5 Inches Width: 2.0 Inches Length: 5.25 Inches Weight: 1.08 Pounds `
The Cutter HG-61067 32Oz Rts Bug Free Spray is an excellent product that will keep your home free of bugs. It is easy to use and works great.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Up to 12 weeks of protection
- Non-staining, odorless and dries fast
- Safe for use around children and pets
- Kills and repels over 130 types of listed insects
This bug spray is great! I have used it for both indoor and outdoor use, and it works well to keep bugs away. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective bug spray.
4. SPECTRUM BRANDS 53944, 10-Pound Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer for Lawns …
- Brand: Spectrum
- Manufacturer: Spectracide
- Dimensions: Height: 18.75 Inches Width: 2.75 Inches Length: 11.0 Inches Weight: 10.0 Pounds `
Get rid of pesky insects and keep your lawn looking great with Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer for Lawns. This powerful formula quickly kills over 260 types of listed insects on contact. It also provides up to 3 months of protection from grubs, as well as 6 weeks of control from listed surface feeding insects. Plus, it’s easy to apply – just attach a hose and spray!
- It can help to get rid of lawn pests quickly and efficiently.
- It is easy to apply, and you don’t need a lot to cover a large area.
- It’s affordable, especially compared to hiring someone to do it for you.
- You can see results relatively quickly – sometimes overnight! – which is always satisfying.
- Lawns treated with this product tend to stay insect-free for weeks or even months at a time, giving you long-term peace of mind.
This product is great! It killed all of the insects in my lawn within a few days and it also prevented new ones from appearing. My lawn has never looked so good!
5. BAYER CROP SCIENCE 700280B Complete Insect Killer for Soil & …
- Brand: Bayer
- Manufacturer: SBM Life Science
- Color: Ready-to-Spray
- Dimensions: Height: 11.25 Inches Width: 2.55 Inches Length: 5.0 Inches Weight: 2.0 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It killed all the insects in my soil and around my house within a week. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an effective insecticide.
- It is an effective insecticide for soil and turf, killing a wide range of insects including grubs, ants, and other common pests.
- It is easy to use, simply apply it to the affected area and water it in well.
- It is long lasting, providing up to 4 weeks of protection from insects.
- It is safe to use around children and pets when used as directed.
- It can help improve the overall health of your lawn by preventing insect damage.
This product is great! It killed all the insects in my soil and it was very easy to use.
6. Ortho BugClear Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes Ready to …
- Brand: Ortho
- Manufacturer: Ortho
- Dimensions: Height: 11.12 Inches Width: 5.47 Inches Length: 2.33 Inches
This Ortho BugClear Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes Ready to Use2 is an ideal product to keep your lawn and landscape free of insects. It is easy to use, just hook up to your hose and spray. This product will kill over 500 listed insects on contact and keeps killing for up to 3 months.
- It is Ortho’s most powerful outdoor insecticide, killing over 500 listed insects on contact.
- It protects your lawn and landscape from listed insects for up to 3 months.
- It kills both above and below the ground, including Japanese Beetles, ticks, and grubs.
- It is easy to use; simply attach it to a hose and spray your lawn or garden area.
- It is rainproof in one hour, so you don’t have to worry about weather ruining your treatment.
I have been using Ortho BugClear for a few years now and it does an amazing job! My lawn is always free of bugs and the landscaping looks great too.
7. Dr. Earth 8004 Ready to Spray Yard and Garden Insect …
- Brand: Dr. Earth
- Manufacturer: Dr. Earth
- Dimensions: Height: 4.0 Inches Width: 11.0 Inches Length: 2.0 Inches Weight: 2.1 Pounds `
This product is great for those who want to get rid of pests in their yard or garden. It is easy to use and very effective. It also has a pleasant smell that will keep your outdoor area smelling fresh and pest-free.
- 1.The product is an all natural insecticide that is safe for use around children and pets.
- 2.It is effective against a wide variety of common yard and garden pests.
- 3.It is easy to use, simply attach to your hose and spray.
- 4.It quickly eliminates pests with no mess or fuss.
- 5.It is also affordably priced, making it a great value for your money.
Dr. Earth 8004 Yard and Garden Insect is a great product! I have used it for many years to keep my yard and garden free of insects. It is easy to use and does a great job. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective way to control insects in their yard or garden.
8. Natural Outdoor Pest Control Spray -Trifecta Nature’s Defense: Insect Killer, …
- Brand: Trifecta
- Manufacturer: Trifecta
This is an all-natural outdoor pest control spray that is safe for use around children and pets. It is made with essential oils and works to repel and kill insects on contact. It is a fast acting, long lasting formula that will keep your outdoor space free of pests all season long!
- Trifecta is an all-natural pest control spray that is safe to use around children and pets.
- It effectively kills a wide range of insects, including mosquitoes, ants, spiders, and fleas.
- Trifecta is also effective against more difficult pests such as cockroaches and bedbugs.
- The spray can be used both indoors and outdoors, making it versatile for a variety of situations.
- Trifecta is easy to use and provides long-lasting protection against pests
We have had nothing but great results with this product! We have a huge problem with mosquitoes and other biting insects, and this has been a total game changer. It’s completely natural and safe to use around kids and pets, which is really important to us. We highly recommend it!
9. Sevin Lawn Insect Granules, 10 Pounds
- Brand: Sevin
- Manufacturer: Gardentech
- Dimensions: Height: 20.0 Inches Width: 12.5 Inches Length: 2.5 Inches Weight: 10.2 Pounds `
Sevin Lawn Insect Granules are a great way to keep your lawn looking its best. They kill a variety of insects, including grubs, ants, fleas, and ticks. They’re easy to apply and last up to three months.
- Kills over 100 types of insects
- Protects against future infestations for up to three months
- Can be used on ornamentals, trees, shrubs, roses, flowers and vegetables
- Safe for use around children and pets when used as directed
- Easy to apply granules
Sevin Lawn Insect Granules are a great product for getting rid of pests in your lawn. They are easy to use and work great at getting rid of ants, grubs, and other insects. This product is also safe to use around children and pets. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective way to get rid of pests in their lawn.
10. Wondercide – Ready to Use Flea, Tick, and Mosquito Yard …
- Brand: Wondercide
- Manufacturer: Wondercide
- Dimensions: Width: 6.2 Inches Length: 2.3 Inches
If you’re looking for an easy and effective way to keep your yard free of pests, look no further than Wondercide! This ready-to-use spray is made with natural ingredients and is safe for use around kids and pets. Just attach it to your hose, spray, and enjoy a pest-free yard all season long!
- Protects your yard and home from fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes
- Ready to use, no mixing required
- Can be safely used around children and pets
- Naturally derived ingredients
- Made in the USA
Wondercide is a great product for those who are looking for an all-natural way to keep their yards free of fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. I have used this product for the past two summers and have been very pleased with the results. The yard spray is easy to use and really works to keep these pests under control. I would highly recommend Wondercide to anyone looking for an effective, natural solution to keeping their yard pest-free!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best outdoor insecticide?
When it comes to choosing the best outdoor insecticide, there are many factors to consider. Some of the most important include the type of insects you're trying to control, the size of your yard, and whether you have children or pets.
Here are a few of the best outdoor insecticides on the market:
1. Ortho Home Defense MAX Insect Killer for Lawns & Gardens: This product is great for controlling a variety of common lawn and garden pests, including ants, fleas, ticks, spiders, and more. It's safe to use around kids and pets, and it won't harm your grass or plants. Just be sure to follow the directions carefully when applying it.
2. Bonide Beetle Bagger Insecticide: This is a great choice for controlling Japanese beetles and other destructive pests in your garden. It's easy to use – just place the bag over an infested plant and let it work its magic. The bags can be reused several times before they need to be replaced.
3. Raid Ant & Roach Killer Outdoor Fresh Scent: If you're looking for an effective way to control ants and roaches outdoors, this is a good option. It has a fresh scent that won't bother your neighbors, and it's safe to use around kids and pets when used as directed. Just be sure not to spray it directly on plants or grass since it will kill them too!
What kind of insecticide do professionals use?
Insecticides are pesticides that are used to kill insects. There are many different kinds of insecticides, and the kind that a professional use depends on the specific pests they are trying to control. Some common active ingredients in insecticides include pyrethroids, neonicotinoids, organophosphates, and carbamates.
Pyrethroids are synthetic chemicals that act like natural extracts from plants like chrysanthemums. Neonicotinoids are a class of insecticide that acts on the nervous system of insects and is very effective at killing them. Organophosphates are highly toxic chemicals that work by disrupting the nervous system of insects.
Carbamates work by inhibiting an enzyme essential for life, and they too are very toxic.
What are newer insecticides?
Many newer insecticides are now available on the market to help control pests. Some of these products include neonicotinoids, pyrethroids, and spinosyns. Neonicotinoids are a class of synthetic chemicals that act as nerve poisons.
These products are used to kill insects by disrupting their nervous system. Pyrethroids are also synthetic chemicals that work by causing paralysis in insects. Spinosyns are a new class of natural insecticides that work by interfering with an insect's nervous system.
Which insect killer is best?
There are a variety of insect killers on the market, so it can be difficult to determine which one is best. A few factors to consider include the type of insects you need to kill, the size of the area you need to treat and your budget.
If you're looking for an all-purpose insect killer that will work on a variety of pests, Ortho Home Defense MAX Insect Killer is a good option.
It's affordable and available in both spray and concentrate form. For larger areas, such as yards or gardens, Spectracide Bug Stop Concentrate is a good choice. It's more expensive than Ortho Home Defense MAX Insect Killer, but it covers up to 5,000 square feet.
For specific pests, there are also many options available. If you're dealing with ants, Terro Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes are an effective solution. For mosquitoes, Thermacell Patio Shield Mosquito Repeller will keep them away from your outdoor living space.
And if you have a problem with termites, Terminix Termite Defense System can help protect your home from these destructive pests. No matter which insect killer you choose, be sure to follow the directions carefully and always keep children and pets away from treated areas until they're dry.
If you’re looking for the best yard insecticide to keep your outdoor space pest-free, look no further than our top 10 list for 2022. From eco-friendly options to powerful formulas that will take care of any infestation, we’ve got you covered. So put down that can of Raid and pick up one of these top-rated products instead. Your backyard (and your wallet) will thank you!